Wednesday, November 19, 2008

21 Weeks

The trouble has begun!

So we had our first real scare last night, but everything is ok now. Brian was working over time yesterday so I was home by myself and started having contractions around 4pm. He called at 5pm to say he would be home soon but I was starting to get scared because they weren't stopping, so when he got home we called the Dr & they sent us into Labor & Delivery. By the time we got there (around 6pm) I was having contractions every 1-3 minutes. I didn't realize that I was having so many because they aren't painful. So they hooked me all up to the monitors & gave me an IV and terbutaline and the contractions stopped pretty quickly. That drug is nasty though and made me all crazy shaky. We got discharged around 9pm, so it was all over pretty quick.

I had an appt with my peri this morning & everything looks good, but I am having contractions today too. I had one while they were measuring my cervix and it went down to 3.1cm, and then back up to 4cm after it stopped. All of this is normal with a triplet pregnancy- I just have to make sure that I go into L&D if I have steady contractions so they can stop them before they become a problem.

They might give me a preventative drug to take at home if I have more of these episodes. That would be nice, since its kind of a hassle to go to the hospital. Other than that everything looks totally fine. The babies are all doing very well and starting to gain more weight. Our boy is the biggest & he is over a pound now. Yeah!!!

Sorry no new pics this week- we were focused on other issues at the ultrasound.

2 comments:

Robert Goyer said...

Stop scaring me.

Jenny said...

When I was pregnant with Porter I had a kidney infection or stones, they weren't sure. I started having contractions too. It is so scary when you know your baby's not ready. So glad everything is ok!!