Thursday, November 13, 2008

20 Weeks





Its getting cramped in there!
We saw our perinatologist yesterday, and the appt went pretty good, but not as good as we would have liked. Baby Boy A has a couple of small cysts in his brain. They are choroid plexus cysts. Apparently they are pretty common and usually will disappear on their own in the next month or so, but in about 1% of babies with this condition it is an indicator of Trisomy 18. Our boy has no other Trisomy 18 indicators (like heart defects or slow development) but it still hard for me to hear "Trisomy 18" come out of my Dr's mouth. My doc ordered me to stay off google- so I don't freak myself out. I'm trying not to worry about it, after all, there is a 99% chance that everything will be ok.

Its getting harder to get good pictures because the babies are getting kind of cramped in there. Baby A is too far down in my pelvis to be very photogenic, so we just have pictures of the girls.

All the babies are growing steadily. Boy A is about 14oz, Girl B - 13oz, and Girl C- 12 oz. My cervix had shortened about 1/2 cm, so we've officially been put on pelvic rest. Our Dr said that we will definitely be on bed rest at some point, maybe in the not too far off future.

I have seemed to really hit a wall in the last couple of days. Just going to my appt yesterday totally wore me out. I'm going to limit my time on my feet from now on, and see if this helps.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you added pictures! I love seeing their little profiles. Take care of yourself!!!

Robert Goyer said...

Hey, sis -
Try not to worry too much about the cysts. They will probably resolve. You'll have plenty of ultrasounds over the next few months and chances are this will be a fleeting concern.
Love you Much -
Erika