Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Turn for the Worst

Our New Home

Just a quick update- On Wednesday we had a cervix check with our perinatologist. Unfortunately my cervix had changed substantially since the previous Wednesday, so we were sent straight over to Labor & Delivery and not allowed to leave the hospital. They gave me magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions, steroid shots to help mature the babies lungs, and have confined me to strict bed rest, along with a lot of monitoring. Everything has stabilized and the babies are doing very well. As of Thursday my cervix was measuring a little longer and things are moving in the right direction. We may or may not be in the hospital for the duration of the pregnancy, and hope to know more after our next peri appt on Wednesday. More likely than not, we will not be leaving until after the babies are here.

We are in EIRMC Women's Care, room 112. Our room phone number is 208-529-7112. We appreciate everyone's support & well wishes, but please beware that we are here to rest & relax, so may not always be up for visitors & phone calls. I have my cell phone and laptop, so feel free to communicate with me through email or call my cell phone & leave a message if I am not available.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear. Hospital stays are no fun!! I wish I could be there to help. Stinks being so far away.